Friday, March 26, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Wow! Okay, get excited! I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson for my March Book Club. Two of the girls had read it already and LOVED it and really wanted us all to read it. At first, I didn't really get what all the hype was about...it was quite a slow start and included a LOT of information and was a bit "over my head" (there's a financial scandal that was brought public by the main character, who is a journalist), or so I thought...sticking with it definitely paid off, because once it got interesting...it REALLY got interesting! I don't want to give anything away because you deserve to read it for yourself :)
Family secrets, computer hacking, murder mystery, sexual violence, seriously disturbed characters, etc...it's got it all! Enjoy!
Stieg Larsson also has written The Girl who Played with Fire (I am reading now) and The Girl who Stepped on the Hornet's Nest (will be out soon)...there were to be 7 books in the series, but Larsson died in 2004 before any of the books were published, so now it will only be a trilogy. Sad. They are also making a movie and I'd suggest watching the thrilling trailer after you read the book!

No comments: